Division: Practice Support Group
We are looking for a Financial Controller in our Worthing office to support our Financial Director.
The ideal candidate will need to have good technical, organisational and interpersonal skills, being able to work under pressure to meet reporting deadlines. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role, promote improvement ideas and implement change.
The role will include:
- To undertake the financial reporting and analysis of MHA Carpenter Box Group of Companies.
- To prepare monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of the Quarterly KPI pack.
- To carry out cash management including forecasting within the Group
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts and working papers.
- To be responsible for VAT, Payroll Review, Company Secretarial tasks and other Government returns.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are correctly recorded and reported and there is integrity of the underlying financial results by carrying out necessary reconciliations.
- To take an active role in proposing and implementing improvements to ways of working and internal reporting.
- To lead budget preparations and analysis.
- To provide support to the Financial Director.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have ACCA / ACA qualification or previous experience as a financial controller or similar role
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be organised
- Be confident working on their own and as part of a team
- Be able to use their initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Pride themselves on their attention to detail
- Be results driven
- Be adaptable and happy to take on new challenges
In return, we can offer:
- A permanent full-time contract
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- Employee benefits package including high street and online discounts, agile working and a relaxed dress policy
- A friendly working environment
- 23 days holiday per year and the opportunity to purchase up to 3 additional days (after a qualifying period)
- Private Health Insurance and Cash Plan (after a qualifying period)
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.
Please send your CV and covering letter below
[gravityform id=”32″ title=”false” description=”false”]